Each student is an integral part of the ensemble(s) to which s/he belongs and has made a commitment to that ensemble by joining. Students should make every effort to attend each rehearsal. Consistent attendance at rehearsal (no more than two absences per semester) is essential to the success of each ensemble. While all parents are grateful when ill children remain at home, please honor ensemble instructors and fellow members by regular and consistent attendance. Parents, please inform the instructor in advance, if possible, if your stuent must miss class.
- be dropped off no earlier than ten minutes before class begins, and should be picked up promptly at the end of class.
- be supervised at all times, either by instructors during
rehearsal, by monitors between classes, or by parents during co-op
- treat instructors, monitors, parents, and other students with respect and consideration.
- dress appropriately and modestly.
- treat the church facilities with care and respect.
- Students should arrive at least five minutes before the beginning of rehearsal.
- Students should give respectful attention to the instructor during rehearsal. Unsolicited comments and conversation are not appropriate.
- Students should ask permission to leave the rehearsal.
- Gum, food, and flavored drinks are not permitted in rehearsals. Choristers are encouraged to bring bottled water, as there is no easily accessible water fountain.
- Parents are always welcome at rehearsals.
Because our class time is limited, it is vital that students be
attentive, cooperative, and respectful. Disruptive behavior and
talking wastes time and is discourteous to both teachers and
students. Parents, please communicate to your children the
importance of attentive cooperation. Students who are disruptive
in class will be warned by the instructor to stop the disruptive
behavior. If the behavior continues, they will be sent to
the monitor for the remainder of the class and parents will be
notified of the behavior.
Only registered FCHE students are allowed to be left at rehearsals, and they must be supervised at all times. Students who are on campus but not in classes must be in study hall. Students should bring a quiet activity for the time they spend in study hall, but are not allowed to bring rollershoes, skates, skateboards, or other toys. Inappropriate items will be confiscated and returned to parents. Students in study hall must remain in the assigned room.
Lunches & Personal Belongings
Students should keep personal belongings such as purses and backpacks with them at all times. Snacks and lunches may be eaten outdoors between classes, or in the monitor area in case of inclement weather. Please be sure to clean up. Food or drink (except bottled water) is not allowed in the rehearsal rooms. Students are encouraged to bring a bottle of water, as there is no easily accessible water fountain.
Each choir student is issued a choir folder containing the music for
the semester. The folders and music are the property of
FCHE. It is the responsibility of the student to whom it was
issued to take care of it throughout the semeser and return it in good
condition at the final rehearsal. Students may mark on the
music in pencil only.