COVID-19 Adjustments for Spring 2021:
FCHE Board has been conferring closely with Christ Church SL and Pastor DeAndre Johnson as we work with the church to follow their social distancing and safety guidelines for our classes.
Here’s what we are planning. Please understand that we may need to make additional changes as the semester progresses. We are doing our best to continue with our mission!
- Handbells classes will not meet in the spring semester. We hope to be able to reconvene in Fall 2021.
- Treble choir class will meet, with Bethany Stuard instructing.
- Jubilate chorale class will begin classes meeting in the church Sanctuary, where we can be all together but socially distanced.
- We will not be able to have parents wait inside the church building – you will need to drop off your students and pick them up after class.
- We will check in students as they arrive and possibly screen temperatures and ask about current family health. It is imperative that students who may be ill or have been recently ill stay home.
- We are planning to be able to have a spring concert in the church Sanctuary May 18th!
- We will decide by the beginning of February whether we can return to having formal choir wardrobe.
We are all living through unprecedented times, where our situations seem to change daily. May our circumstances lead each of us to further trust in God and his plans for us. Pray with us that we honor Him in all we do, however it works out.
We will do our best to work through new challenges as they are sure to arise! Please be patient and work with us as we continue to adjust for new circumstances.